Having a solar power plant is something that many people and companies desire. Because it is easy to install and it also creates a serious source of income. Moreover, there is Government Support available.
However, although we tell that it is an easy task, in fact, it is not that much easy to build a solar power plant. Because there is no rule that people who have money will be able to deal with this profitable investment.
As we mentioned in our other articles, if you want to build a solar energy farm, you have to apply to electricity distribution companies with SPP call letter. You have to own a field for the solar power plant installation before you apply.
You need to receive permission for marginal agricultural land from the relevant authorities for the field you own. We have shared all of the required documentation for these in our other articles.
We will separate the topic into two in this article. The first one is the solar power plant and things to do before solar power plant installation. The second part is SPP installment steps. Let’s start with the first part…
Things to Do Before the Solar Power Plant Installation
If you have decided to build a solar power plant, there are things that you need to know before the solar power plant installation. We have to start working by sorting them according to their importance.
- If you have decided to build a solar power plant then the first thing you need to consider is the financial part of the project. In case you have enough funding for SPP, you need to know that you can build a power plant up to 1 MW without any license However, we will discuss 500kW SPP.
- For the second thing, you need to have a field to build SPP. 10,000 square meters of land will be enough for a 500kW solar power plant. The most important point that you need to consider for the field selection is the slightly sloping land and is suitable for marginal agriculture or dry agriculture land.
- In case you don’t have any problems in terms of the field, the other part is the solar power plant feasibility calculation You need to calculate the solar energy potential in your area before you calculate this preliminary feasibility report for yourself. You can then calculate your feasibility report. And your gains and losses will be more visible.
- In case you will complete these, then it is time for the most challenging part of the job. Receiving a call letter. You can apply for a solar power plant to the electricity distribution company in your district with the required documents for the call letter. In case you are done with the SPP letter, it is time for the project. Once you are done with these, you will be ready to build your own plant.
Yes, briefly, the first part needs to be like this. We have summarized it briefly. Now we will provide answers to what is the 500kW solar power plant installation cost and what are your SPP installment costs which are the main purpose of our article.
What Is the Cost of 500kW Solar Power Plant Installation?
Many materials are being used for solar power plant installation. Well, what are the materials that make up the solar power plant cost and how much I may spend?
500kW Solar Power Plant Installation
1. Solar Panel (Photovoltaic Modules):
Solar panels make up almost the greatest part of solar power plant cost. Today, there are many solar panel types and brands. This means that product range for the solar panels is very broad. This variety also has differences in terms of the price.
However, the main point you need to consider is the warranty when choosing the solar panels. And whether they have technical service close to your area. The price is in the next step.
Our choice in this part will be 250-watt solar panels. We don’t share brand however 250-watt solar panels are available in almost all of the solar panel manufacturers.
The total amount of the solar panel is 500.000 watt/250 watt = 2.000 units for our 500kW solar farm.
However, you will receive the price per watt rather than per unit for such large plants. Solar panel cost per watt is around $0,40 and $0,80 on the market for 500 kW solar power plant project. We will share the cost calculations based on the price of standard systems.
Solar panel cost for solar power plant is 500.000 watt X 0,60 cent/$ = $300.000 .
2. Solar Inverters:
If you want to shorten the solar power plant depreciation period, you need to make a good investigation for the price of solar panel and inverters. Because these parts may provide you the chance of 1-year early depreciation.
There are many inverter models and inverter selection is very important. Inverters are as important as the solar panels.
Because efficiency ratios vary among inverter variants. You will earn more money in line with how greater the efficiency of an inverter is.
The first thing you need to consider is the inverter efficiency and technical service with warranty.
Many companies can extend the warranty period up to 10 years in exchange for a certain price.
Inverter cost is also calculated per watt in solar farm projects. Prices will be also variable in this part.
Cost of inverter for 500kW solar power plant is 500,000 watts X 0.20 cents / $ = 100,000 $ .
3. Solar Construction Cost:
In case the field that you will build the solar power plant is suitable for co-pile construction then you are lucky. Because the cost of construction with concrete feet is 20-30% more expensive than the cost of the contoured construction.
We will prefer the slogging type construction since we prefer the standard prices.
However, we would like to note that, the cost of the construction is almost the same as that the cost of inverter.
Construction cost for 500kW solar power plant is 500,000 watts X 0.14 cents / $ = $ 70,000 .
4. Bidirectional Counter and One Way Counter Cost:
1 one way counter and 1 bidirectional counter will do the work for our solar plant.
- Cost of one way counter is $30 .
- Cost of a bidirectional counter is $250 .
5. Cable Duct Cost for Solar Panels:
Galvanized cable ducts are used for the cable connections between the solar panels. This is because of both safety and efficiency.
Approximately 1,200 meters of galvanized cable ducts will be used for 500 kW solar power plant. The prices of cable ducts vary and their cost calculated per kg. However, we have converted it into the meters.
Galvanized cable channel cost for 500 kW SPP is is 1,200 meters X $4 = $4,800 .
6. Solar Cable (Photovoltaic Cable) Cost:
We will use solar cables in our solar farm project. These cables will be used for solar panels. According to our calculations, 6mm diameter solar cable is the best for our project.
6mm solar cable cost for 500kW solar power plant is 4.200 meters X $ 0.56 = $ 2.352 .
7. Lightning Rod (Lightning Protection) Cost:
1 unit 10 meters high lightning rod system will be suitable for such solar power plant project.
Lightning rod cost for 500kW solar farm is 1 Unit X $ 2.000 = $ 2.000 .
8. Energy Transmission Line and Transformer Installation Cost:
This section is troublesome. However, we will list the materials to be used one by one. We will provide the total cost of all these materials. Materials used for transmission line and transformer works are as follows (these materials may vary depending on the plants):
- 50 x 10 mm2, 4.45 kg / m, Copper Bar (total 150kg),
- 8 mm Diameter, 0.45 kg / m, Copper Bar (total 20 kg),
- Galvanized Bolted I-Local Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Common Network Poles (total 344 kg),
- Galvanized Bolted and Galvanized Travers and Consoles for I-Local Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Common Network Poles (total 216 kg),
- Swallow AWG 3 (109.96 kg / km) (total 15 kg),
- 36 kV, VHD 35 (20 mm / kV,) Normal Type Insulator (9 units),
- Insulator Iron for B 35 Traverse (Stopper) (9 units),
- K1 Type Insulator (24 units),
- Single Tension Rod Equipment: Swallow – 3/0 (6 sets),
- 36 kV Insulation Maneuver Rod (1 unit),
- Insulated Gloves for 36 kV (1 pair),
- Insulated Carpet for 36 kV (6 square meters),
- Insulating Stand for 36 kV (1 unit),
- 36 kV, 10 kA Metal Oxide (ZNO) Surge Arrester (3 units),
- 6 kV, 630 A 12.5 kA, H.T. Fused Grounded Sections (1 unit),
- 36 kV, 2-20 A L=635 mm 0=45 mm D. ve H.T. Medium Voltage Fuse Bucket (3 units)
- 36 kV, 200 A, 16 kA, Fuse Load Breaker Transformer Protection Cell (1 unit),
- 36 kV, 630 A, 16 kA, Breaker Output Cell (1 unit),
- 630 kVA 3 × 1000A Automatic Switch, Internal Type Low Voltage Switch (1 unit),
- 220 V, 16A Automatic Fuse with Switch (3 units),
- 220 V, 25A, Automatic Fuse with Switch (3 units),
- Maintenance-free battery-converter group 24 V 26 Ah (1 unit),
- Boiler x / 100 V, x / 5 A, Electronic Counter (1 unit),
- 3x 80 A, Icn = 8 kA, 1.7xIcn, Power Layer: 0.5 Thermic Magnetic Compact Switch (1 unit),
- 3x 400 A, Icn = 25 kA, 2.1xIcn, Power Floor: 0.25 Thermic Magnetic Compact Switch (3 units),
- 3x 630 A, Icn = 25 kA, 2.1xIcn, Power Factor: 0.25 Thermic Magnetic Compact Switch (1 unit),
- Galvanized Grounding strip (50 meters),
- 50 mm2 NYY Cable (50 meters),
- 2m galvanized 65x65x7 braces and 5 m galvanized braided steel wire (3 units),
- 630 kVA, Power Transformer (1 unit),
- 1 x 95/16 mm2, 34,5 kV, XLPE Cable (120 meters),
- 1 x 95/16 mm2, 34,5 kV, XLPE Cable (for Canal, Pole, Wall) (48 meters),
- 1 x 95/16 mm, 34.5 kV, H.T. XLPE Cable Head (4 units),
- 1x 95/16 mm, 34.5 kV, D.T. XLPE Cable Head (12 units),
- MOD-1 Transformer Building (1 unit),
- Fixed and Automatic Compensation Panel Frame (2 square meters),
- Group Equipment up to 5 – 7.5 kVAR (Fixed – Automatic) (2 sets),
- Group Equipment up to 8 – 15 kVAR (Fixed – Automatic) (2 sets),
- Group Equipment up to 16 – 25 kVAR (Fixed – Automatic) (5 sets),
- Group Equipment up to 26-40 kVAR (Fixed – Automatic) (2 sets),
- 400 Volt, Power Capacitor Battery (410 kVAR),
- Transformer Medium Voltage – Low Voltage Bushing Insulators (1 set).
Materials and quantities to be used in energy transmission line and transformer work for a standard solar energy farm installation are like this. Some of these materials may vary depending on the area that power plant will be built and specifications of the buyer company.
Electricity transmission line and transformer cost for a 500 kW solar power plant are $37.142 .
9. Wire Fence and Barbed Wire Cost:
Solar power plant where we calculated the cost will be placed on approximately 10,000 square meters of land. This plant should be surrounded with wires. No one would like to find cows licking their solar panels.
Cost of barbed wire for the 500kW solar power plant is 4.000 meters X $10 = $40.000 .
10. CCTV (Security Camera System) Cost:
A security camera system is essential for our solar power plant installation. The prices of these camera systems vary greatly. You can pay much less if you want. We will calculate the systems that we know.
CCTV cost for the 500kW solar power plant is $5.714 .
11. Administrative Building (Control Building):
In case security personnel will protect your solar power plant then an administrative building is a must. The cost of an administrative building in normal standards is as follows:
Administrative building cost for 500kW solar power plant is $5.700 .
12. Cost for Site Construction Works:
You need to arrange the land well before you install your solar power plant to your 10 acres land. However, this cost can vary widely. In case your land is full of rocks, poor you… We will consider the standard conditions again.
The items that make up our cost are the arrangement of the field with the earth digger and 20 cm Stabze laying work to 10 acres.
Site construction works for the 500kW solar power plant is $22.857 .
13. Field Lighting Cost for Solar Power Plant:
If you want a field lighting system in your solar power plant, you need to consider the field lighting costs as well. And the costs for a proper lighting work for the field are as follows:
- Type AD2 – 80/20, 106 kg weight. Polygon Lighting Pillar (12 units),
- 35 mm2 (319.26 kg / km) Copper Conductor (total 160 kg),
- 125 W Mercury Steam Armature (24 units),
- 2 m, galvanized 65x65x7 mm Galvanized Earthing Electrode (7 units)
- 3 x 2,5 mm2, 500 Volt NYM Cable (240 meters),
- 1 * 6 A WL Automatic Fuse (24 units),
- 4 × 4 mm2, NYY Cable (450 meters),
- Concrete to the poles (3-meter cubes)
Field lighting is as follows for the plant that we calculate the cost.
Lighting cost for the 500kW solar power plant is $4.285 .
14. Other Expenses for 500kW SPP
The costs for the solar power plant are almost over. Taxes and shipping costs must be added to the other expenses list. Other expenses are as follows:
- Total shipping costs are $5.100 .
- Labor, food, and accommodation costs are $22.000 .
- Cost of insurance premiums is $14.000 .
- Unexpected costs are $14.000 .
15. Project and Land Costs:
Project prices for our plant are generally standard. However price of the land may vary.
- Project costs are $6,000 .
- Private construction permits are $10.000 .
- Project approval fee is $2.000 .
- The solar panel field cost is 10.000 square meters X $5 = $50.000 .
These costs spend for 500kW solar power plant are $68.000 . Let’s find our total cost by calculating all of these individual costs.
500kW solar power plant installation cost is $668.230 . The cost of the land is included in this price. The price of the land is calculated as $50.000. The information we have provided in here are for a standard solar power plant. This cost can be reduced or increased.
We hope that our article will be beneficial for you, see you in our future articles…